2023 Sports Legacy WIN for KC: How You Can Help
Posted on: April 6 2023
Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
2023 Beneficiary: WIN for KC (Camp WIN Program)
WIN for KC envisions a community where sport ignites the life of every woman and girl. The Women's Intersport Network for Kansas City (WIN for KC) was established in 1994 to empower the lives of girls and women through advocating and promoting the lifetime value of sports, while providing opportunities for participation, leadership development and recognition.
ABOUT CAMP WIN
Camp WIN is a week long sports day camp for girls ages 6-12. Throughout the week campers are introduced to 12-15 different sports and fitness activities along with life skills training with WIN for KC’s custom curriculum, Live Active. Campers learn about effort, resilience, belief and teamwork as they work through their lessons and push themselves to learn new sports.
Camp WIN believes involvement in various types of sports and fitness activities improves girls’ physical and emotional well-being. They learn how to take feedback, how to set goals and build a plan to achieve them, how to build relationships, and how to be part of a team. These skills will stay with them for a lifetime.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate silent auction/raffle item(s)
- Purchase raffle tickets at the Symposium in Kansas City, MO May 8-11, 2023
- Bid on silent auction items at the Symposium in Kansas City, MO May 8-11, 2023
- Contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE THE FUNDS RAISED WILL GO
Scholarships to offset registration costs to provide greater access to underserved communities and increase diversity, equity and inclusion.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT THE COMMITTEE
- Matt Prewitt, Committee Chair, Travel Butler County
- Raelyn Dessart, Central Florida's Polk County Sports Marketing
- Becky Harsch, Visit KC
- Pete Harvey, Visit Sarasota County
- Angel Natal, Perfect Game USA
- Caleb Peterson, St. Pete Clearwater Sports & Events
- Dean Polk, Huddle up Group Consulting
- Kevin Smith, The Collective Best
- Meghan Ziehmer, Greater Lansing Sports Authority