Nominations for 2023 Board Slate
To achieve continued growth and success, Sports ETA requires strong leadership from our dynamic members. Board members serve as representatives of Sports ETA's 650+ member organizations and help guide the future direction of the Association.
The Nominating Committee is accepting applications for seven (7) open positions on the Sports ETA Board of Directors. The open positions include:
- Executive Committee – Secretary
- Three (3) Directors representing the Sports ETA Destination category serving a three-year term expiring June 2026
- Two (2) Director representing the Sports ETA Rights Holder category to serve a three-year term expiring June 2026
- One (1) Director representing the Sports ETA Industry Partner category to serve a three-year term expiring June 2026
The deadline for submitting applications was February 12, 2023, at 11:59 P.M. PT.
All Sports ETA members are invited to apply for a position and/or suggest potential candidates for consideration by the Nominating Committee. Applicants considered must embody the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics, and are committed to advancing the sports events and tourism industry.
In evaluating candidates for nomination as a director, the Nominating Committee thoroughly reviews each application received and considers criteria including the candidate’s experience and engagement with the association, previous board experience, diversity including age, gender, ethnicity, race, diabilities, and geography, understanding and forward thinking as it relates to the association’s mission, vision, and values, ability to think strategically, articulate a point-of-view, assess financial viability, identify strategic opportunities, and monitor risk. Current or prior C-level experience is preferred. View board of directors job description.
Candidates selected to move forward in the nomination process, will be contacted to set up a phone interview with the Nominating Committee. Phone interviews will last approximately 25 minutes.
The Nominating Committee will then recommend a qualified applicant for each position to present to the full Board of Directors. Nominees will be notified by a member of the Nominating Committee regardless of their selection to the final slate.
The person(s) selected will then be nominated and put forth in a general membership vote at the 2023 Virtual Membership Meeting April 25, 2023.
The new board term begins July 1, 2023.
*Subject to change
- December 19 – Nomination Portal Opens
- February 12 – Nomination Portal Closes
- February 13 - Review and Schedule Interviews
- Week of February 20 – Interview Process Begins
- February 24 - AGMM Save the Date: Time, Date, Location
- March 21 – Proposed Slate presented to BOD
- March 22 & 23 – All nominees notified of selection
- March 24 - Notify membership of the proposed slate - AGMM Packet distributed
- April 25 - Virtual AGMM
For questions, contact Mike Price, Nominating Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Sports ETA office at info@SportsETA.org.