Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, it’s important for business leaders to create a plan and continuously monitor the situation (literally, minute by minute).
Overall, we recommend the following protocol for businesses: Be aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 as it relates to your state, review/update your current policies for employees, stakeholders and customers, and creatively plan new opportunities to minimize business loss.
Below is a working template for a response plan to effectively communicate to stakeholders during this time of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19.
·Monitor the daily news coverage disseminating from the Governor of your state as he/she has the power to create mandates and disseminate funding for support and health care access
· Connect with your industry association to determine industry best practices for your organization and business, i.e. Ohio Restaurant Association
·Create Google alerts on specialty topics, i.e. “COVID-19 and Restaurants” so you receive up-to-date alerts on the situation as it is quickly evolving
Review Sickness Policy with Your Colleagues:
· If you feel ill or have a cough, stay home and do not come to the office or a public event
· Issue guidelines for telecommuting where possible for employees
·Update and determine your catastrophic health care insurance and quarantine protocol (time off, financial obligations) for those employees who contract COVID-19
Review Cleaning and Training Protocols:
· Review your current protocol for regular cleaning per the CDC guidelines and how to enhance it through increased hand sanitizing stations, hand washing stations
· Train and review with all staff, have staff sign a form acknowledging their understanding of the new protocols
Communicate with Transparency to Your Stakeholders:
· As you develop your plans, think about how to communicate to your stakeholders based on their concerns, commerce (travel, event tickets, reservations) in a transparent manner via website, social media and general media relations
· Provide a virtual gathering solutions via video/podcasts for your business events and educational programs to continue stakeholder engagement
Future Business Planning:
· Review your business plans, events, and travel over the next 30 days to determine how to reschedule at a later date and not cancel the business revenue
· Hold virtual gathering solutions on the same date/time via video platform solutions
· We do not encourage cancelling events and business endeavors but take a long-range view of how to maintain future business
Most importantly, WASH YOUR HANDS.
Game Day, a media and marketing agency, specializes in strategic communications and marketing, crisis communications and reputation management for companies, organizations and events. For more information, visit GameDayPR.com.
For important updates related to Sports ETA upcoming events, click here.
Contact: Jackie Reau, CEO
(513) 708-5822, mobile