Sports ETA recognizes industry leaders with the President’s All-Star Awards
Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
CINCINNATI (For Immediate Release) – Sports ETA, the leading association for the sport tourism industry, announced the honorees of its inaugural President’s All-Star Awards.
The new award, selected by staff, is recognition for support and dedication to Sports ETA and the sports events and tourism industry.
Honorees were chosen for the work performed above the normal call of duty and in supporting staff to implement programs and services to the sport tourism industry.
The All-Star Team recipients are as follows:
- Kathy Nelson, President/CEO, Kansas City Sports Commission, for her work on the Branding Committee
- Matt Dunn, Executive Director, Palm Coast and the Flagler Beaches, for his work on the Branding Committee
- John Gibbons, Executive Director, Rhode Island Sports Commission, for his work on the 4S Summit
- Karl Schmitt, President/CEO Louisville Sports Commission, for his work on the Chief Executive Summit
- Janis Burke, CEO, Harris County-Houston Sports Authority, for her work on the Chief Executive Summit
- Bonny Bernat, Sports and Event Sales Manager at Visit Winston-Salem, for her work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtables
- Ron Sertz, Executive Consultant, Erie Sports Commission, for his work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtables
- Terry Hasseltine, Executive Director, Maryland Sports Commission, for his work on the State Sports Group leadership roundtable
- Don Welsh, President/CEO, Destinations International, as a Tourism Industry Partner
- Mike Gamble, President/CEO, SearchWide Global, as a Tourism Industry Partner
- Linda Logan, Executive Director, Greater Columbus Sports Commission, for her work on the Women’s Summit
- Ray Palmer, President/CEO, Pensacola Sports, for his work on the Governance Committee
- Chad Culver, Senior Director of Sports Commission at Visit Knoxville, for hosting a record-breaking Symposium
- Kindra Fry, President/CEO, Bryan-College Station Sports & Events, for her work on the Governance Committee
“Our inaugural Sports ETA All-Star Awards recognize those leaders who are sharing their time and talent to grow the sport events and tourism industry while supporting emerging leaders in our field with innovative programming and mentoring,” said Al Kidd, President & CEO of Sports ETA.