Sports Event Organizer of the YEar
This award is given to an executive or staff member of a Sports ETA Rights Holder member organization who has exhibited the most outstanding impact in the sports events and tourism industry in 2018. This individual has positively impacted the industry through events held (i.e. economic impact, hotel occupancy, growth of sport in local community, participation and/or attendance records, etc.).
Winner will be selected based on exemplary performance and merit.
For your entry to be considered, you must address each of the judging criteria categories and clearly address each section of your description as outlined below.
Please include the following in your 1,000-word description (attachments do not count towards word count):
• Section One: Written statement detailing your organization’s mission, objectives and goals for current year. (10 pts)
• Section Two: Specific examples that show how you helped your organization achieve or exceed these goals. Examples of the impact that your organization’s activities have had on the sports events and tourism industry or the communities where your organization holds major events (i.e. economic impact, hotel occupancy, growth in membership, etc.). (25 pts)
• Section Three: Describe how you made a positive impact during the 2018 calendar year (either as part of your organization or individually). Nominees should exhibit exceptional qualities such as honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion, and courage, and an exemplary commitment of time and energy serving others or towards the event(s). (25 pts)
• Section Four: Describe ways that you aided your organization to gain more exposure or engagement. Examples can include media or public relations, acquisition of new sponsors or financial partners, gaining new partners (rights holders or local sports events hosts), etc. (20 pts)
• Section Five: Include examples of support from community or industry leaders, strategic partners and/or organizations affected by your activities in your attachments. (10 pts)
• Section Six: Contributions to Sports ETA (i.e. board service, committee participation, CSEE certification, support of Sports ETA's mission, attend Sports ETA events, outreach, etc.). (10 pts)
Submit an entry
For more information, contact Kathy Nelson, email@example.com or Derek Bombeck, firstname.lastname@example.org, Awards Committee Chairs.