Is Your City Participating in the Great American 5000?
Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
Great American 5000 is a way for teams of up to 12 or 24 runners to join together and strengthen their community. Starting on Flag Day, June 14, 2020, runners will take off running 5,000 km (3,120 miles) virtually from the Pacific near San Francisco to the Atlantic near New York City.
Teams will collectively run for 24 hours each day and send in how far they covered. An online map will track their virtual progress across the country. A leaderboard will show how they compare to other teams. First team to the Atlantic Ocean near New York wins! Check out the website at www.GreatAmerican5000.org for more information.
How Your City Can Participate in the Event
- Cities can be promotional partners to engage their communities
- Share your community’s cool coffee shops, restaurants, parks and landmarks with participants
- Show you are bringing sports back to your community
- Have your city featured in e-mails and social media
- You will be given a special link to promote the event, and you will be rebated $5 for each person that uses your code
- Retain 20% of sponsorship funds that you raise to support the event.
You Can Win Prizes for Participation too…
Sports ETA will offer three prizes to destinations who register the most participants in the Great American 5000 including:
- First Place: One (1) first attendee registration for the Annual Symposium
- Second Place: One (1) second attendee registration for the Annual Symposium
- Third Place: One (1) registration for 4S Summit
Raise Funds for Those in Need
Feeding America will serve as the event charity partner of the Great American 5000. Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization and, thanks to donations, their network of food banks, pantries, and meal programs serves virtually every community in the United States. Along with making a donation to Feeding America during the registration process, participants and teams can also fundraise on their behalf.
E-mail Brittney Antozzi firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and your intention to participate as a host city. Once you have signed the agreement you will receive a virtual host city package. The package includes an event logo, entry link, and a social media kit.
About the Sports Backers, Organizers of the Great American 5000
Over the past 29 years, Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has developed programs and events that are designed to inspire people from all corners of central Virginia to live actively. We have been awarded the large market sports commission of the year award four times by Sports ETA.