Mentor Spotlight: Casey Taker
Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
Casey Taker’s bucket list:
- Working in an industry she loves - COMPLETE
- Going on the field at a Super Bowl - COMPLETE
- Completing an IRONMAN 70.3 with her father - COMPLETE
- Visiting Alaska to complete her goal of visiting all 50 states
This Sports ETA mentor has done something many will never attempt- Casey Taker completed an IRONMAN 70.3. She and her father crossed that finish line together in Maine last year.
Casey works at The IRONMAN Group as Senior Manager, Athlete Development. There she develops strategy and programming to support the entire athlete journey from initial engagement to athlete retention across two of their largest brands, IRONMAN and the Rock N Roll Marathon Series.
In her current role, Casey has become well versed in:
- Creating opportunities for athletes to engage deeper with both a brand and a host destination. This synergy is imperative to maximize the athlete experience and retain athletes.
- Defining the athlete experience and creating a system that can help maximize touchpoints throughout that athlete's journey.
- Creating opportunities for members of the industry's eco-system (coaches, clubs, long time athletes) to get more involved through programming and become powerful ambassadors for the brand.
Casey says she has found a lot of help along her career path and she’s excited to help others.
“Just a thank you, to everyone out there that has ever taken a minute to mentor me. I’ve had some amazing people spend time to help me,” Taker said. “It really does take a village, and I am so lucky that my village turned out to be this one.”
Learn more about Casey Taker and the rest of Sports ETA’s mentors here.