Why to Submit for a Sports ETA Award
Hint: Swiping is disabled on videos, use the right arrow to advance and view images.
Each year, Sports ETA honors organizations and individuals in the sports events and tourism industry to celebrate their accomplishments and achievements.Every member should consider submitting for an award because we all do amazing work throughout the year. Submitting for an award acknowledges the hard work you have put into your events and allows you to be recognized by your peers at symposium as being among the top leaders in the industry.
Sports ETA as well as the awards committee understand that the acknowledgement for the winners at one luncheon isn’t enough. We are working on showcasing our award winners not only at symposium more, but throughout the year in various ways. This allows peers and Sports ETA members to understand the great work happening with each organization and to motivate them to submit and win the next year. Winners in each category will be given the following benefits:
- Press release
- Playbook article featuring each winner
- Blog/social post featuring your organization and award
- Traveling trophy shipped to your office
- Awards for your office
- Finalist certificate
- All finalist announced during the 2020 awards presentation
- All finalist listed in onsite guide for 2020 symposium
- Award winner logos for email signatures and website
- Opportunity to lead a Symposium session on your award-winning project
- Opportunity to contribute to Sports ETA Playbook as a subject matter expert/write an article
- Submission Video featured on Sports ETA YouTube Channel
Categories include: Sports Commission of the Year, Sports Tourism Organization of the Year, Event Marketing Campaign of the Year, Destination Branding & Marketing Campaign of the Year, Locally Created Event of the Year, Superior Service Award and Game Changer Award
We strongly encourage new members to spread the word and submit for an award of your very own. When submitting for an award, do whatever you can to set yourself apart from your competition. When so many organizations are submitting for the same award it’s important to be unique to help your submissions standout among the rest. Most importantly, read the directions of the submission and only provide the number of words and pages requested. If you have any questions throughout the process please contact Derek Bombeck, CSEE at 402-436-2354.